Dear Villagers and Friends,
We met as elders and discussed our response to the Coronavirus and we are encouraging the following:
1) If you or your children are sick or have any signs of illness please stay home. It is not honoring of our value of accessibility to expose others to disease.
2) Recognize that people who are older and/or those with compromised immune systems are at much greater risk of the virus. Feel free to refrain from coming to worship or other events if you are in those categories. We acknowledge each person is unique and we need to support each other’s decisions.
3) We have purchased self-contained communion elements to remove cross contamination concerns when participating in the Lord’s supper.
4) We will send out Doodle polls weekly to determine potential Sunday worship attendance and act accordingly to either suspend worship services or move to live streaming of a service. We’ll begin to work on live-streaming this Sunday.
5) It is wise to have medicine, foodstuffs, and cleaning supplies (and, yes, toilet paper) on hand to use during a possible quarantine situation. A family could end up quarantined for a month or more as the exposure moves through the family.
6) We will serve meals this Sunday but may suspend them as things evolve. Please practice good hygiene at all times. Wash your hands regularly and avoid touching.
In consulting with the doctors and nurses in our community we are trying to be prudent in our response. We greatly appreciate their knowledge, expertise, and experience. This disease is unlike the flu and other viruses so any comparisons are probably unhelpful. Please do not be fearful. God rules and he loves his people. Please do be generous and kind to each other. Remember to be generous with sharing what you might have that others might need. Remember to continue giving to support the community and your pastors. Again, please do not place others at risk. Coming to the Village is not unlike going to restaurants or grocery stores or theaters or malls so if you are doing those things you can also likely join in worship. However, because the disease is constantly evolving it is likely that things will change rapidly. We will strive to keep you informed as we as a community love and care for each other.
Again, if you or your family members are sick or part of at risk groups please feel free to limit your social contact and exposure to others.
In God’s Grip of Grace,